Just two weeks after its long-awaited release, Harry Potter Magic Awakened has launched its first major update, a testament to the developers’ commitment to continuous improvement and optimization of the game. The July 11 patch notes, released today, outline an impressive array of improvements, bug fixes, and major updates to the core elements of the game: personal space and classes.
New beginnings in personal space
For ardent collectors with sizable furniture inventories, the update heralded some exciting developments. Wizards with more than 60 pieces of furniture will now be able to unlock an additional room in their personal space, which they can customize to be distinct from the main area.
Those who have amassed over 100 pieces of furniture can further expand their personal space, providing more opportunities for creativity and customization.
Simplify exam week
With the new update, the journey to exam week becomes significantly less strenuous. Previously, players had to complete 30 class assignments to unlock Exam Week. This requirement has now been halved to just 15 tasks, making progression more efficient and less time consuming. For those struggling with muggle studies or the history of magic, there are resources available with answers that can speed up the achievement of a perfect score.
The reduction also extends to some class assignments. Elementary spells now require only three uses of ‘Wingardium Leviosa’, instead of five, while intermediate spells require only four, rather than seven. The Intermediate Defense Against the Dark Arts Pixies class now only requires you to capture 20 Pixies, a marked decrease from the previous requirement of 29. This task reduction is designed to improve the gameplay experience, allowing players to outperform and achieve perfect scores with greater relief.
More bug fixes and optimizations
In addition to these major changes, the July 11 patch notes detail a number of minor bug fixes and optimization changes, demonstrating the developers’ attention to every aspect of the game. Notably, players can now upgrade up to three daily tasks and will experience an improved user interface in various areas of the game.
For a complete analysis of the changes, here are all the improvements and bug fixes.
- Improved the graphics for opening backpacks.
- Improved shopping list UI for Madam Malkin’s.
- Players can now use additional copies of max-level cards to trade Social Club cards.
- Improved the graphics for Mystery Wheel. Players can now preview individual pieces of furniture.
- Players can now update 3 daily activities per theme, changing the activity goal but not the reward.
- Daily activity progress in the Forbidden Forest can now be shared among all party members. Forest tasks are also completed more easily.
- Players can now view their Win Streak in the Duel Club setup screen.
- Players can now enable the automatic camera while exploring the forest in the Settings.
- Players can now view their bonuses from events or purchases on the Forest Exploration results screen.
- Improved Forest Exploration details page.
- Improved the visuals of the reward preview and selection of improvements in Forest Exploration.
- Players can now view the maximum exploration time for the Flying Ford Anglia in the reward preview screen.
- Improved the score compensation and details page for lower level players when paired with Magical Awakening duelists.
- Players can now tap to teleport to the photo album activity initiator when taking photos. The photo taking activity will be completed for all participants once completed by the initiator.
- Improved the Forbidden Forest camera settings by allowing players to turn off the automatic camera in settings. When the automatic camera is disabled, players will have to manually adjust the camera angles during fights in the Forbidden Forest.
- Improved the chat channel experience by adding a translation feature. Players can tap the translate button to translate messages from other languages into the language they are playing.
- Improved the team exploration experience of the Forbidden Forest by adding an SOS function. When players fail a level for the first time, they can choose to call for help. If saved, players can continue to complete the level, but cannot advance to the next level. Rescuer can get all level rewards except Echoes, along with thank you cards.
- Improved the display of the waiting UI when in Duel Club matches. When players are matched with players from other regions, a prominent warning icon will appear.
- Players can now view friends currently in combat by tapping their portrait in the friends list.
- A streaming function has been added to the backpack, where you can watch the fight between other players. High-level duelists for Top Wizard/Best Partners will also receive requests to stream their duels. By accepting the request, some of your future duels will be visible to other players.
- Players must now be Spellbook Lv. 45 to enter stage 25 of solo exploration.
- Improved the disco experience: when the rehearsal room is closed, players will no longer linger there. Instead, they will be reminded of the opening of the Performance Room.
- Improved disco display and fixed screen freeze and clipping issues in some cases.
- Players can now manually end the effects of hair-raising potions and invisibility potions.
- Improved the Furniture album by adding Back to School furniture.
- Improved the display of yet-to-be-unlocked furniture in the album and the display of the UI when players sit in their personal space. Also fixed an issue where the screen is locked when using the New Look Mirror.
- Shop packs are now displayed by category.
- Improved the way personal space is unlocked. Players who have accepted the Personal Space activity will immediately unlock the Personal Space feature.
- Fixed an issue where sound effects played incorrectly for the Flying Ford Anglia.
- Fixed an issue where images would render incorrectly for the Reflection of the Pensieve portrait frame.
- Fixed an issue where non-members would show up in Social Club.
- Fixed an issue where daily tasks could not be completed and optimized the description for some tasks.
- Fixed an issue where skin color was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the invite scope was displayed incorrectly when players with more than 8100 points invited friends for Best Partners matches.
- Fixed an issue where Standing Board was missing from Seasonal Quest rewards. He can now be found in the personal space of eligible players.