Launching in global territories starting today
Warner Bros. Games and NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES; HKEX: 9999) today announced that Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, the highly anticipated free-to-play trading card role-playing game (RPG) set in the Wizarding World is now available. Starting today, players in various territories can download the game for free at App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android.
Co-developed and co-published by Warner Bros. Games and NetEase Games, Harry Potter: The Magic Awakens is the latest title released under Portkey Games, the label dedicated to creating new mobile and gaming experiences inspired by the wizarding world that put the player at the center of their adventure.
« With the global launch of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, we’re partnering with NetEase to further expand the Wizarding World for mobile gamers worldwide with the game’s distinctive art style and immersive game design that propelled it to the top status in China,” said David Haddad , President, Warner Bros. Games. « Mobile games remain a key part of our strategy and, with their magical gameplay, Harry Potter: The Magic Awakens was created specifically for fans as an opportunity to further grow in the space with one of our biggest franchises. »
“From the intricate workings of the trading card system, to the line drawing of the game’s graphic style, we’ve collaborated with Warner Bros. Games on every aspect of development to ensure an authentic adaptation of the wizarding world in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened.” said Ethan Wang, Senior Vice President, NetEase Inc. « The game has so far achieved great success and positive fan reception among current gamers, and we are delighted to now welcome a global audience to this magical universe. »
Harry Potter: The Magic Awakens is a free-to-play, addictive collectible card (CCG) and massively multiplayer (MMO) magical dueling game with a blend of strategic role-playing games (RPG). Set ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts, players will experience all the hallmarks of a wizarding education and embark on a gripping new story, featuring familiar faces from the original series and new characters.
As players progress, they will learn spells that can be cast in the form of cards. Players will need to harness these spells, devise unique strategies, and form winning combinations – learning what to cast and when – as they venture through increasingly challenging trials, duel other players, and master magic in their illustrious magical journey.
Key features include:
- Experience life as a Hogwarts student: From character customization and receiving your wand, to experiencing the Sorting Hat ceremony and flying to Hogwarts, there’s plenty to see and do at Hogwarts. As a first-year student, players will also be able to take a rotating schedule of classes including Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures, History of Magic, and Divination, all with their own mini-games, objectives, and rewards.
- Fill your spell book: With more than 70 spells and summons available at launch, each with their own unique effects and benefits, players can create decks with infinite combinations of damage, control, support, and defense to use magic their way. To further customize playstyles, fans can equip Echoes that grant special boosts to stats, traits, or passive abilities, as well as Companion cards that can summon powerful allies like Hermione Granger and Rubeus Hagrid to aid in battle.
- Immersive massively multiplayer world: Join a Social Club with other players and take part in special activities like caring for a dragon egg or participating in boss raids to fight powerful creatures like a Thunderbird. Players can also invite a friend to dance in the rhythm mini-game Dance Club, meet other witches and wizards as they explore Diagon Alley, attend classes with peers, and more.
- Brand new story: With new and original characters from the « Harry Potter » series, experience a brand new story in the wizarding world. Each year at Hogwarts will bring a new story arc and different adventures to explore.
- Duel club: Players can compete against each other in friendly real-time magical duels and climb the ranks in a battle of wits and magical mastery. Choose between 1v1 and 2v2 options, as well as special limited-time game modes.
- Forbidden Forest: Venture into the Forbidden Forest solo or in multiplayer co-op to take on increasingly difficult challenges that offer greater rewards with each victory. Exclusive stories and magical creatures such as Centaurs, Acromantulas, Unicorns and more await you.